- Membership is available for All Star Clubs, Schools and Associates.
- Membership runs from November 15, 2017 to November 14, 2018.
- Membership is required to compete at ACA sanctioned events.
- The deadline for registration is November 15, 2017. Extended to November 20
- All late registrations will be charged a $100 late fee. Cheques must be receive by November 20 to avoid late fees.
- In addition to completing this purchase and the information requested within it all teams must submit a coach and team roster in the designated format to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 20, 2017.
- Membership will not be complete until all information, rosters, and payment are received by the ACA.
- ALL fields of the Excel roster must be completed.
- Incomplete forms will not be accepted and must be amended prior to November 20 to avoid a late fee.
- An email will be sent confirming your membership.
- Please save and send files as an excel (.xlsx) format.
If you have any questions regarding membership or insurance, please contact the ACA by email at email@example.com.
The 2017/2018 insurance coverage runs from November 15, 2017 to November 14, 2018.
All athletes, coaches and judges must have insurance either through the ACA or an alternate provider (proof is required)
Frequently Asked Questions
Who needs an ACA annual membership?
- All Alberta cheer and dance programs wishing to be judged at ACA sanctioned events.
- All Alberta cheer or dance programs wishing to have staff, coaches and athletes participate in ACA training and certification opportunities such as ACA Coaching Certifications, conferences, clinics, etc.
- Teams from outside of Alberta who wish to compete at ACA events are not required to purchase an ACA membership, but must provide evidence of insurance.
Why do we have to pay a membership fee to the ACA?
ACA membership fees are collected to help the ACA pay for services provided such as developing and administering coaching development and certification programs, judging certification programs, and other initiatives to develop the sport within the objectives of the ACA.
How much are membership fees and when are they due?
Memberships start at $100.00 per team. Memberships are due by November 15, 2017. All registrations received after this date will include a $100.00 late fee.
What does my membership provide?
Your membership provides your program with the following:
- 1 year membership
- The opportunity to be judged at ACA-sanctioned events
- 1 vote at the Annual General Meeting
- Access to training opportunities for your coaches and athletes such as certifications, conferences and clinics
- Access to the group insurance program
- Regular online communications and updates
Why are there questions about athletes on the membership team registration form?
The questions pertaining to athletes (gender, age, grade, town, etc.) are for ACA, provincial and federal general informational purposes only. The ACA is using this information strictly for statistical purposes only (e.g. statistics for completing grant applications, referring to statistics in news stories). The information regarding specific athletes is strictly confidential.
Do I need insurance? How much does it cost?
If your school/club does not have its own insurance coverage, the ACA offers this service at a cost of $17 per person. The current insurance policy will end on November 14 each year with the following annual coverage beginning on November 15.