2016-2017 Board of Directors
The Alberta Cheeleading Association is pleased to welcome its 2016-2017 Board of Directors.
- Jim Greenough , President
- Samantha Paradee, Vice President
- Candice Fawcus, Secretary
- Tim Hydzik, Treasurer
- Michael Barker, Director
- Allison Donaldson-Berg, Director
- Jennifer Guiney, Director
- Brad Davidson, Director
Attention High School Coaches!
The Alberta Schools Athletics Association met for their AGM on May 12 & 13, and there have been a few changes that will effect coaches. Please read the following information carefully.
- All Head Coaches of High School cheer teams must complete the ASAA Bylaw and Policy Course, to be available July 2016, by October 1, 2016
- All High School Coaches, Assistant Coaches , and Teacher Sponsors must take the ASAA Concussion Course before October 1, 2016. Failure to complete either of these courses by this deadline will jeopardize your teams ability to attend ASAA Provincials.
- School teams may now compete at Zone and Provincial competitions with 4-28 athletes.
- Game Day division will now be offered at ASAA Provincial and Zone competitions for the 2016/2017 season. Teams may compete in HS Level 1 or HS Level 2 or HS Coed Level 2, and Game Day. If a school has more than one team in HS Level 1 and/or HS Level 2 and/or HS Coed, and they choose to field a Game Day team, their Game Day team may be made up of a combination of athletes on the HS Level 1 and/or HS Level 2 and/or HS Coed team. Athletes not on the HS Level 1 and/or HS Level 2 and/or HS Coed may also be included on the Game Day team. Teams can only compete at Provincials in divisions that they qualified in at Zones.
- The ASAA is also looking for a host for the 2017 ASAA Cheerleading Provincial Championships. If you have any questions regarding any of the above changes, or are interested in hosting 2017 Provincials, please contact Jennifer Guiney at email@example.com.
Help Advance Cheerleading in Alberta by Joining an ACA Committee or Task Group!
ACA invites individuals to contact the Chairs of any committee or task group in which they are interested in participating by September 18, 2015.
New Phone Number for the ACA
The ACA has a new office phone number: (780) 446-5355. The toll-free number will remain as: 1-888-756-9220. Please discard any other number previously associated with the ACA as they are no longer in service.
ACA Mission Statement
The ACA is dedicated to promoting, fostering, and regulating cheerleading across Alberta for the betterment of its membership. The ACA encourages sportsmanship, respect, and integrity; and regulates the rules, safety guidelines, and training of athletes, coaches, judges, and member programs.
ACA thanks Alberta Sport Connection for their funding and support. Their contributions assist ACA to achieve its goals!