Divisions & Rules
To support safe and proper progressions with in the sport of cheer and dance, each team competes in a division based on their age grouping and skill level. Should you have any questions or rule clarifications, please contact the ACA at email@example.com
School Cheer & Dance
School Cheer Rule Book 2017 - 2018 * Updated September 11, 2017*
NOTE: There were a number of changes to inversions in the Rule Book this year so please read the rules carefully. All changes are in BLUE. Should you have any questions please contact the ACA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Pom Rules 2017 - 2018 (School Pom will follow USASF dance rules but not USASF Divisions. Please refer to the 'Divisions' section in the ACA School Rule Book above. School pom will follow the Junior, senior, open rules).
- Specialty divisions include individuals and duos competiting a routine that does not include stunts, as well and Partner and Quad Groups that compete in the stunt division.
- All specialty division athletes must follow age-appropriate rules
- High School athletes must follow High School cheer rules, All Star athletes must follow USASF rules at the level they are competing
- Partner Stunts can be same-sex or a male-female combination and may include a spotter. Quads may include up to five (5) athletes and may only include female athletes
- Time limit: 1:30 all music format
- Timing begins with the first beat of music and ends with your intent to leave the floor
- Penalties are the same as regular cheer teams