Become a Judge
The philosophy behind the judging program is to:
• Evaluate teams fairly with the goal of education
• Always keep the safety of the athletes in mind
• Judge with integrity, openness and enthusiasm
• Create an atmosphere of respect for all coaches, judges, athletes and parents
- A minimum of 2 years cheering/coaching experience in School or All-Star Cheerleading
- Must be at least 17 years old
Responsible for judging all levels of School and All-Star Cheer.
Will be responsible for judging either Building Skills, or Tumbling/Jump Skills and providing comment sheets for coaches
Must pass Panel Judges' exam
Overall Judge - More than 2 seasons judging (at discretion of the ACA Staff)
Responsible for judging all levels of School and All-Star Cheer
Must pass Panel Judges' exam
Safety Judge - More than 2 seasons judging (at the discretion of the ACA Staff)
Will be responsible for falls and rule infractions
Must pass Safety Judges' exam
Supervisory Judge (by invitation only from ACA Staff)
Responsible for overseeing/judging all levels of School and All-Star Cheer
Responsible for coordinating judges at events and for the mentoring of panel judges during events
2017- 2018 Judges' Training
Venue: Paul Kane High School (12 Cunningham Rd, St Albert, AB T8N 2E9)
(The location has changed from Lillian Osborne to Paul Kane)
Dates: Panel Judge Training - Saturday, October 21, 2017 9am-5pm // Safety & Overall Judge Training* - Sunday, October 22, 2017 9am-1pm
Cost:** Safety Judge Training - $75.00 // Panel Judge Training - $75.00 // Panel & Safety Judge Training - $125.00
Early Bird Pricing is $65.00 for Safety or Panel Training and $110.00 for Panel & Safety Training until October 9, 2017.
* Safety Judge training is open to all individuals, but please be aware that you must have a minimum of two (2) years of judging experience (at the discretion of the ACA Staff) to be considered for the position.
** Costs are inclusive of credit card processing fees.
Panel Judge training will be conducted by Chris Showalter
Safety Judge training will be conducted by Stephan Mills
Note to Coaches: Please be aware that the ACA Judges' Training is designed solely for the education of individuals wishing to officiate at ACA events this season. Coaches who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of the judging process are welcome to attend the training but please note that Q&As throughout the day will be prioritized for prospective judges only. There will be an opportunity for coach questions or queries pertaining to individual routines and rule clarifications during breaks and at the end of the training day(s).
Note to judges: In addition to the Judges' Training weekend, you will be required to attend and judge at an All-Star Showcase event (paid) in order to be eligible to judge at ACA-sanctioned events this season. Alternatively, you will be required to 'shadow judge' (unpaid) at one competition before being eligible to judge at an ACA-sanctioned event.
Showcase Dates are as follows:
- Purple Reign - Sunday November 19, 2017 - Saville Centre Edmonton
- Limelight - Sunday November 26, 2017 - Saville Centre Edmonton
- Premier Academy - Saturday December 2, 2017 - Red Deer
- Frost Bite - Saturday December 2, 2017 - Lethbridge
If you volunteered at the ACA Casino and would like to use your ACA voucher towards Judges' Training, please click here to register.