Become a Judge
The philosophy behind the judging program is to:
• Evaluate teams fairly with the goal of education
• Always keep the safety of the athletes in mind
• Judge with integrity, openness and enthusiasm
• Create an atmosphere of respect for all coaches, judges, athletes and parents
- A minimum of 2 years cheering/coaching experience in School or All-Star Cheerleading
- Must be at least 17 years old
Responsible for judging all levels of School and All-Star Cheer. Will be responsible for judging either Building Skills, or Tumbling/Jump Skills and providing comment sheets for coachs
Must pass Panel Judges' exam
Safety Judge - More than 2 seasons judging (at the discretion of the ACA Technical Coordinator)
Will be responsible for falls and rule infractions
Must pass Safety Judges' exam
Head Judge (by invitation only from the ACA Technical Coordinator)
Responsible for judging all levels of School and All-Star Cheer
Responsible for coordinating judges at events and for the mentoring of panel judges during events
2017 Judges' Training
Please check back for more information on 2017 Judges' Training! 2016 Judges' Training is below for reference.
Venue: Paul Kane High School, 12 Cunningham Road, St. Albert
Dates: Safety Judge Training* - Saturday, October 15, 2016 9am-5pm // Panel Judge Training - Sunday, October 16, 2016 9am-5pm
Cost:** Safety Judge Training - $62.00 // Panel Judge Training - $62.00 // Panel & Safety Judge Training - $104.00
* Safety Judge training is open to all individuals, but please be aware that you must have a minimum of two (2) years of judging experience (at the discretion of the ACA Technical Coordinator) to be considered for the position.
** Costs are inclusive of credit card processing fees.
Note to Coaches: Please be aware that the ACA Judges' Training is designed solely for the education of individuals wishing to officiate at ACA events this season. Coaches who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of the judging process are welcome to attend the training but please note that Q&As throughout the day will be prioritized for prospective judges only. There will be an opportunity for coach questions or queries pertaining to individual routines and rule clarifications during breaks and at the end of the training day(s).
Note to judges: In addition to the Judges' Training weekend, you will be required to attend and judge at an All-Star Showcase event (paid) in order to be eligible to judge at ACA-sanctioned events this season. Alternatively, you will be required to 'shadow judge' (unpaid) at one competition before being eligible to judge at an ACA-sanctioned event.
Showcase Dates are as follows:
- Purple Reign - Sunday, November 20, 2016 - Saville Centre, Edmonton
- Premier Academy - Sunday November 20, 2016 - Red Deer
- Limelight - Sunday November 27, 2016 - Saville Centre Edmonton
- Frost Bite - Saturday, December 3, 2016 - Lethbridge College
- Extreme Cheer Sensation Showcase - Saturday December 10, 2016 - Lethbridge
- Outlaws/Deep Blue - Saturday January 14, 2016 - Whitecourt
If you recently volunteered at the ACA Casino and would like to use your ACA voucher towards Judges' Training, please click here to register.